YamahaSr250Club

Yamaha SR 250 Club. Foro dedicado a la mecánica, reparación, mantenimiento, rodaje y cuidados de la SR 250.
Volver a la portada del Foro
Volver a la portada de la Web
Fecha actual 24 Ene 2020, 20:32

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: Stats, quotes and expert opinion on Newcastles 2015/16 Premi
NotaPublicado: 11 Dic 2019, 06:36 

Stats, quotes and expert opinion on Newcastles 2015/16 Premier League season, which saw them relegated. Joe Smith Jersey ... Finishing position: 18th (-3)Total points: 37 (-2) FA Cup: Third roundCapital One Cup: Third roundTop scorer: Georginio Wijnaldum (11)WhoScored top rating: Andros Townsend (7.35) Steve McClaren shows the strain Season reviewJonas Gutierrez joyously stripped off his shirt as Newcastle saved themselves on the final afternoon of last term. But one soul-destroying season has been followed by another and this time there was no fumbled escape - despite a shock last-day thrashing of Spurs. The Championship awaits; the Toon Army must squeeze into Burtons 6,900-capacity stadium.In the cruellest twist, Sunderland rubber-stamped relegation but Newcastle fans will know their fate was sealed not on Wearside but rather in their own boardroom; a demise long set in motion by calamitous decisions, erratic recruitment and misplaced priorities.Steve McClaren - ominously named on the clubs football board - had talked up his dream job and his top-eight target. But Newcastle did not win until October and despite eye-catching victories against Liverpool and Norwich, still languished in the bottom three at the turn of the year. Defeats at Sunderland, West Ham and Crystal Palace - where a shambolic-looking side shipped five goals - were particularly damaging. Cup exits at the first hurdle felt familiarly depressing. Newcastle spent 206 days in the relegation zone After summers spree on players who looked good on paper, January brought more big-money arrivals. But while Andros Townsend offered rare hope for optimism until the end, defensive reinforcements that were desperately needed never came. McClaren clung on through February and into March but a home defeat to Bournemouth, the air thick with mutiny, finally prompted action from above. Rafa Benitez, swayed by the rush of the Premier League and struck by the clubs potential, took on a 10-game gamble and it so nearly paid off. But though the man who had started the campaign managing Real Madrid egos guided Newcastle to their best run since November 2014, this was like 2009 again: too little, too late.Newcastle are back in the second tier for the second time in maligned owner Mike Ashleys nine-year tenure. How they hope Benitez - hailed by fans throughout the final fixture - will get the assurances he needs to revive the club he pertinently noted needs to wake up. Rafael Benitez was unable to inspire a late surge to safety Quotes of the seasonJudge me after 10 games … judge me after 12 games … judge me at the end of the season. - McClaren, laying down one marker and then another…Listen, Ill put my house on it that Newcastle will not go down, - former chairman Freddy Shepherd in February.This is the most frustrating team Ive worked with. We see fantastic performances from individuals one week and we look capable of beating anyone, then the next week its the polar opposite and we can lose by five or six goals, - beleaguered Steve McClaren speaking after a 5-1 thrashing at Chelsea pushed his side back into the drop zone. We look at where it went wrong for McClaren at Newcastle in his own words Many of you have expressed strong views about what we could have done differently. I respect those views but I would like to reiterate that it has always been my intention to try to achieve the very best for Newcastle United, - owner Mike Ashley in a statement after relegation.My heart is obviously telling me yes. Its a fantastic opportunity, a fantastic atmosphere. My heart is very clear - but at the same time you have to use the brain. - Rafa Benitez, speaking to Sky Sports after a final-day rout of Tottenham. We take a look back at some of the most memorable quotes from the 2015/16 Premier League season Stats of the seasonNewcastles failure to find a victory in their first eight matches of the campaign made it their worst start to a season since 1898/99.Steve McClarens win ratio at Newcastle was just 22.6 per cent - the lowest of his career.Newcastle spent 206 days in the relegation zone - beaten only by Aston Villa and Sunderland.Only Manchester City had a bigger net spend than Newcastles £75m. £29m was splashed in January on Shelvey, Townsend and Henri Saviet - who played just 148 minutes of first team football.Phil Thompsons view Maybe if Rafael Benitez had come in earlier they might have stayed up but it was too little, too late. Phil Thompson Steve McClaren always had a difficult job. Theres more politics to it than we know, with player recruitment especially, and while Mike Ashley may have dug deep this season you have to look at whether theyve had the desire. McClaren was under massive pressure and didnt succeed because they were defensively dreadful. Maybe if Rafael Benitez had come in earlier they might have stayed up but it was too little, too late. Also See: Newcastle video Newcastle fixtures Newcastle stats Get a £10 free bet! Bob McAdoo Jersey . Make the extra pass, take care of the ball, play defence and get more out of his bench. Philadelphia 76ers Store . LeBron James leads the Miami Heat in a quest for three consecutive championship titles, while Tim Duncan looks to add his fifth ring with the San Antonio Spurs when the series tips off with Game 1: Miami @ San Antonio on Thursday, June 5 at 9 p. https://www.cheap76ers.com/636e-moses-malone-jersey-76ers.html . -- Conner Bleackley got it done in regulation time and in the shootout.NEW YORK -- Toby and Jodi Roark were in the midst of a 12-hour drive from Wilmington, Ill., to Washington, D.C., to watch their son Tanner pitch in the Nationals home opener. Then they got a call from their daughter-in-law, telling them he wouldnt be starting Friday. In the clubhouse at Citi Field, Tanners phone beeped. "My mom is texting me, Whats happening?" Tanner remembered. "They were bummed out." Jordan Zimmermann had a fever and was vomiting, so Roark started Thursdays series finale against the New York Mets on just three hours notice. After a shaky first inning, Roark recovered and the Nationals rallied for an 8-2 victory and an opening three-game sweep. "I just go with the flow," the 27-year-old right-hander said. "Whatever they tell me to do, its what Im here for." Ryan Zimmerman tied his career high with four hits, including three that led off innings. His second-inning home run off Zack Wheeler (0-1) started the Nationals comeback from a 2-0 deficit. Washingtons leadoff batter reached in the first seven innings, and the Nationals rallied to win for the third time in the series. While Washington opened 3-0 for the second straight season, the Mets fell to 0-3 for the first time since 2005. They had not lost their first three home games since 1997. "Theyre proud of the way theyve played so far and so am I," Nationals first-year manager Matt Williams said. "Just the way theyre grinding." Roark (1-0) made his major league debut on Aug. 7 last season and went 7-1 with a 1.51 ERA in five starts and nine relief appearances. He got just two swings and misses in the first four innings and fell behind 2-0 in a 30-pitch first but wound up allowing just the two runs and six hits in six innings with three walks and five strikeouts -- including his final four batters. "Thats what Tanners done since basically we called him up last year," Zimmerman said. "When its his turn to pitch, he goes out there and challenges the hitter. Jerryd Bayless Jersey. . He throws a lot of strikes and works quick." Roark allowed an RBI double in the first to Curtis Granderson, who had been 0 for 9 with the Mets, and Juan Lagares sacrifice fly. Then he started making adjustments. "I was letting the ball go and not trying to pinpoint and try to nibble as much," he said. Wheeler gave up three runs and seven hits in six innings, trying to work out of trouble for much of the afternoon before a small crowd of 20,561, a couple hundred above Citi Fields record low. Washington went ahead 3-2 in the fifth when Denard Span hit an RBI single to right, advanced as Granderson heaved a two-hop throw home and scored on Jayson Werths two-out single. The Nationals broke open the game with a four-run seventh against relievers Scott Rice and Jeurys Familia that included a two-run single by Adam LaRoche off the glove of first baseman Lucas Duda. "I assure you, were better than what youve seen the last three days," Mets manager Terry Collins said. Soon after that, thoughts turned to the home opener against Atlanta. Roark said his parents and in-laws still plan to be in the stands at Nationals Park on Friday and Saturday. "Theyll still get there, spend time together, so thats good," he said. "First time in D.C., so that will be fun." NOTES: Washington pitchers struck out 39 in the series, third-most in any teams opening three games since 1914, according to STATS. The only teams with more were Texas last year (43) and Cleveland in 1966 (42). ... Mets 2B Daniel Murphy returned from paternity leave and had a throwing error and a fielding error in his season debut. ... Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson presented the Rick Rescorla National Award for Resilience to the New York Mets, Walgreens and Monsignor John Brown, then bounced the ceremonial first pitch. ... Werth was 6 for 13 in the series and Zimmerman 6 for 14. ' ' '

Perfil Email  

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora